Off line backgammon
- Board should be placed absolutely flat. Leaning or twisting of the board should be totally avoided. Its advisable to place the board on a flat table without any tilt.
- The doubling cube needs to be placed exactly in the middle of the board, which means on the bar with a face showing 64.
- Check whether the numbers are placed properly starting with 1 from the furthest right-up corner of yours and ending with the extreme left-bottom corners of yours.
- Always count the points clockwise starting from the outer board.
- Place five checkers on 6 point, three on the 8-point, five on 13 point and the balance two on the 24 point. The same rule is applicable to your opponent also.
Place yourself just opposite to your competitor bridging the board in between you two.
Newest Backgammon Articles:
Online backgammon software: How to choose the best online backgammon software
Whenever we try to establish connection over the internet, we must have the best software at our disposal to make the most of the web. Nevertheless, choosing the best software among a huge variety may become really difficult for individuals....
Article by: Marit Langdon - 04 October 2009
History of online backgammon - How the game of online backgammon came into play
Backgammon has been one of the best strategic games along with chess, in the history of mankind. The game is played with number of checkers, which need to be removed from the board before your opponent succeeds in doing the same with his checkers....
Article by: Juvenal Veach - 06 September 2009